Sunday, April 29, 2012

Done!

Around noon today, I submitted my last paper for my MBA program.  I'm done!!!  I got my MBA!!!  Considering how stressful and chaotic the past two years have been, the end of the journey was strangely anticlimactic.  My last class was on Thursday night.  There were three groups presentations, we filled out our evaluations and with that, I was done with all of my classes.  When I left class on Thursday night, I had just two papers left, both of which I finished and submitted this morning. 

It feels very weird to think that I have nothing I *have* to do.  Sure, there are things that I want to do, but in the back of my mind and in the back of my to do list, I don't have readings, cases, papers, exams or class preparations to do.  It feels very freeing but at the same time, very unfamiliar.  My plan is to give myself the week off to reset and then search for a job full-time.  I've sent out only two resumes so I'm a little anxious about not finding a job by the time my insurance runs out in August.  However, I know that if I were to jump into the search with no break, I would be pretty useless; I need the time to get bored with having free time before I can start looking for a job with all cylinders firing.  So I'll spend the week doing some cleaning that I've neglected for months, doing some cooking, going to yoga, going for walks, doing some sewing and knitting and spending time with D.  Or I may just spend the entire week taking a nap every afternoon simply because I can. 

In the next couple of weeks I'll reflect on the MBA program.  It was really an amazing experience, one that I am super happy I did.  Getting an MBA was one of the hardest things I've ever done and while I suffered immensely while I was in the middle of it, it makes me all the more proud of myself that I finished.  I got my MBA!!!!!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! I hope your week off is incredibly restful and rejuvenating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Friends.........

    Great information.Thanks for sharing this useful information with all of us.Keep sharing more in the future.

    Have a nice time ahead.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete